The rain brings floods and road closure – Kilcoy and Woodford
The rain is here, as we all can see, with a vengeance. “Button” down your hatches, close the windows, take a sickie because at this rate, work will be canceled anyway. Ryan Gully is over Mt Mee road so those children at Delaneys Creek School might need picking up as you might not be able to get there at 3pm. Anyone living on Iron Bark Rd or just off it, the road is flooded and quite deep so watch yourselves there. Delaneys Creek School is not closed yet.
The most you can do is look out your window and see the rivers of water flowing by. That’s what I am doing right now. I suggested to Deb to take a photo of my driveway as it has turned into a river, seriously running out onto the road. There goes my new driveway.
Dams in the backyards are flooded and dogs, horses, cats, guinea pigs are looking miserable.
Roads that are closed today from the rain, 11/10/2010
–Kilcoy creek, D’aguilar highway
–Old Cove road, Woodford
–Cove road, Woodford
–Iron Bark, Woodford flooded but not closed
–Mt Mee Road flooded from Ryans Gully, Woodford but not closed.
–Kropp road, Woodford flooded but not closedd
–Sandy Creek road is on the verge of becoming closed.
Other Places to watch out for:
- Ironbark road usually floods in various places.
- Krop road.
- Ryan Gully Mt Mee road where the Delaney’s Creek school children walk to get to school is to dangerous for kids to cross.
Wet weather tips:
- Don’t go out and drive when it is raining like this.
- If you must drive, do it slowly, and do not slam on your brakes like Deb does.
- If this keeps going we all need to stay home.
- Check around your house to see whats leaking.
- Take note of where the water flowing so you can divert it to better places next time. (Hint for my husband)
- Educate your children about the dangers of playing in flood waters.
- Don’t take any chances like crossing flooded areas. It is not worth it.
- Put your pets away as they usually do not like storms.
Things to say instead of “it’s raining” (but dont not over do it)
- It’s bucketing down.
- It’s raining cats and dogs.
- It’s P….ing down
I had to add this video in from Aspark’s Youtube channel. It shows the water gushing through the dam wall at Somerset Dam. ( And we still have to pay for water!)